Sunday, September 03, 2006

Busy weekend.



This is a bag I am working on at the moment. It is a french market bag - the pattern is from knitty.com. the idea is to knit a bag really big, then throw it into the washing machine and felt it. All the rage at spinners at the moment. Mine is a very simple bag, made from my own handspun wool. Many others are using WoolBale commercial wool (that felts fantastically- don't use if you want machine washable!) as well as novelty yarn that doesn't felt. The results are fantastic. I will be doing that later. maybe my next project..... The photo on my last post is of some 14micron wool I am spinning. How beautiful!!!

This weekend has been really busy... Spinners group AGM on sat morning - I agreed to be on the board again. It's great though, because many of us all go to night owls, get on really well and all have big plans for the group. Hopefully, with all the great skills we bring together, we will be able to get the group functioning reasonably smoothly and bring it into the 21st century. Yesterday avo we had to go to a family get together with my side of the family, and this morning we had to go to a babtism for our nephew Angus. Last night Joey, Tina & I went to the Bronco's Leagues Club for Seafood buffet to celebrate my birthday on Tuesday. That was really nice.

Love peace and Joy

No comments: