Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lazy Day.....

Today I am having a very lazy day.  It is already 11:30am and I am still in my pj's.  No, I don't plan to get out of them soon either.....   I have over done things this week, so I don't think my hubby is very pleased with me.  But I've had a GREAT time, even if I am suffering for it now.   On Wednesday I went to the Stiches & Craft Show to help out my friend Jane on her stall.  Worked for 6 hours silly me!!  But it was a lot of fun and so cool to just spend 6 hours talking about my passion to people.  I surprised myself even with my knowledge of wool and many (I won't say all) things fibre. 

On Thursday I spent the day with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Naomi.  Naomi and I have known each other since our days together at Payne Road State School in Grade 4.  We decided to go look around Chermside Shopping Centre, especially since I had a discount voucher for Borders Bookstore.  We ended up spending more than 1 1/2 hours in Borders alone.  God I love that place.  We could have spent even longer if I hadn't gotten so hungry.   

After lunch we looked around at some other stores, including a fruit shop that had a large range of exotic and rare fruits.  That was interesting.... and painful.  Let's just say that I learnt my lesson about never picking up a prickly pear fruit with bare hands.  ALWAYS USE TONGS is what I learnt.   I was picking fine hair like prickles out of my hand for the next two hours.  And for that whole two hours Naomi couldn't look at me without laughing and calling me an idiot.  But she did help me get them out of my skin, so she wasn't being a total bitch.  and lets face it - I deserved to be laughed at ...... how silly am i?!?! 

On Friday I once again helped out my friend Jane at the Stitches and Craft Show, but not for as many hours and I took A LOT more breaks this time.  I was definitely starting to feel the effects of being up so much by then.  In fact, I really shouldn't have gone, but not only do I enjoy it so much, Betsy and Joey were there too, working on the QSW&FA stall, so I spent a fair bit of time with them too.  When I got home, as soon as I dumped my stuff, I started running a bath.  Soaked in that for about an hour and then was in bed by 7:00pm.  

On Saturday morning, I went to QSW&FA (spinners) and there Betsy did a talk about her time in Canada and overseas.  it was really good.  I know I shouldn't have gone to that either, but i really wanted to see Betsy's talk and I knew I could sit down the whole time.   I rested yesterday afternoon, but I still felt sick last night.  

This morning I was supposed to take Rory to Bowling but got Lachlan to instead.  We are going over to my friend Matts' this evening so I really need to rest.   I'm really looking forward to tonight, it should be really fun.  Also, he's going to be cooking up a Roast Pork and veges, so YUM!!  (and no cooking dinner for me!!! )   

Ok, time to go back to bed........ 

Love, peaches and Roast Pork
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're enjoying a lovely, lazy rest-of-the-long-weekend, and that you're feeling heaps better!
*hugs*