Saturday, May 24, 2008

Busy weekend

This weekend's very busy.  and I've already had quite a busy week, so i am pretty tired now, but no matter. 

 On Wednesday I went to bunnings, kmart and crazy clarkes with my friend fran to pick up some stuff for her daughters birthday and some things for Rory's demonstration at school.  He did a talk on Friday about how to make a terracotta pot snail.  Apparently, he did really well, so that is good.   On Wednesday at crazy clarkes, I also picked up a very small mini sewing machine for $25.  It only sews straight, doesn't do anything fancy (not even zigzags etc), but it is all I need at the moment - just to mend clothes and make small bags and things.  Very handy.  it is even portable because it is so small that if you don't have a power point you can run it on 4 AA batteries!   It's great 'cause all this time i've not had a sewing machine and i've really been thinking lately that I just needed a simple one.  This is perfect.  

On Thursday I went and visited my Grandmother.  I love going and visiting her and spending a number of hours with her, but she lives over the other side of town and so I don't visit very often.  But we had a lovely time with a lot of laughs and so that was a good day. 

On Friday I went to bowling as usual and then on the way home dropped into crazy clarkes again - this time I managed to pick up a toasted sandwich maker (like the old Jaffle ones) for only $10!!! Fantastic!  I also popped into a st vinnies and got some steak knives for only $0.30 each.  Bargain week this week!  

Last night we started to help my sister and her husband move into a house close by to here so that was very exciting.  We weren't going to start until this morning, but they popped around last night so we decided to help out then too.  We will continue with that this afternoon as we are all pretty tired this morning.   Libby is due to give birth in a couple of months so it is great that she will be living close by so I can watch the baby for her a lot.  The baby was actually moving around in her a lot last night so I got to feel it kick and stuff.  it was so cool. Yeay, babies!  

Tomorrow we have the QSW&FA Open Day, so I will be busy there from about 8am.   Looking forward to it though, it's always fun and there is so much fibre and lovely things to look at.  I will be looking after the Jam & Cake stall (located near the entrance to the hall) so if you want to come and say hi and buy something yummy, please do so!  

Love peace and joy

No comments: