Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'M BACK!!!

Thank you everyone so much for all your blessings, best wishes, prayers, positive thoughts, comments, candle lighting and anything else you have done for me over the past week.  This week has really shown me how many wonderful friends I have all around the world and how many people have been thinking of me.  It has really blown me away.  You all are  wonderful and I am so blessed to have you all in my life.  

So, as you may have guessed, all went really well.  The doctor was able to remove both the body of the pacemaker and the broken lead and replace both with newer versions.  Both the pacemaker and all the leads are working really well and I'm feeling so much better already (although, of course I am still very sore and stiff from the surgery and  from being able to sleep in only one or two relatively comfy positions.)  Hopefully this pacemaker will last another 7 years at least and hopefully the leads all will remain working for a lifetime. 

Due to the nature of the procedure (and all the digging through scar tissue they had to do), the op went for a little longer than expected and more anesthetic was used than expected.  Hence on Wednesday night I was sooo sick.  YUCK.   It also took a good two or so days to get the anesthetic and other drugs out of my system and become stable on my feet again.  I was released from hospital on Friday morning still a bit wobbly and nauseous, but otherwise fine. 

So, I am just taking things really easy for the next week or so.  I will be able to drive again from about Friday and should be able to bowl with my right arm the Friday after that if I'm gentle.  I should be back to doing heavier, more full on things (like lifting washing baskets and nephews and nieces) in about 6 weeks.  

Once again, thank you for your fantastic support
Blessings to you all 
Jenny xxooxx

4 comments:

Zelia said...

Dear Jenny
that is absolutely great news!!
So glad the procedure went well and that both the pacemaker and leads have been replaced with new versions. Get well soon my friend, blessings from SA

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad it went so well :)

I'll ring you tomorrow afternoon, and we can sort out the Wednesday visit :)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're back - I have been in quite a twit...as you know. Take things as they come - there is no rush. Lots of Love & Hugs! xoxo

Anushka said...

Bionic woman is back!!!

glad it went well!