Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Folks

Today I am grateful for my parents.  My mum and dad are just the best.  They do so much for me and my siblings and support us in almost all our decisions.  

Growing up, they were never really "strict" but still kept us in line by letting us know what they expected of us and letting us know what the consequences of our actions could be, and made us think about that.  eg: If we did "A", how would we deal with "B", "C" or "D" consequence?  Did we really want to deal with any of those consequences?  Would it be best just not do "A" in the first place?  If we went ahead and did "A", they supported us (most of the time) in our decision and usually helped us deal with the consequence.  
I think this is a brilliant form of parenting and I now try to do that with my son.  

No comments: