Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Look at my pretty blog

Do you like it?  I do!  I noticed that blogger had changed some things and made it easier to update/restructure my page.  So I took the opportunity and wallah! New, prettier blog that is easier to read and finally has links to my favourite blogs too!  See girls, there's your blog right there on the side. :-)    

Today I am grateful for:  the fact that Rory has so much loving family members and friends around him.  On Saturday his Pappa (maternal grandfather) took him out all day to the Railway Workshops Museum to see the circus train.   On Sunday afternoon, he went over to his friend Jayden's house for a long play.   Today he spent all day out at the Science Centre and the Queensland Museum with his Granny (paternal Grandmother).   I am grateful that he is so loved and that he is so well behaved that they really enjoy spending the time with him.  I am grateful that most of the family live so close, so they can be such a huge part of his life, and so he will always have memories of spending time with his grandparents and aunts & uncles.  I am grateful that they are around to be able to take him out and give me a nice break regularly. Especially during the school holidays! 

Knitting update:  Guess What! I finally knitted a sock!!  I have been knitting for about 4 years now, and have been too intimidated to knit socks.  I tried toe up ones a couple of times, but lost the plot before I had even finished the toe.  So this time, I finally got myself a pattern for Top down socks that seemed reasonably easy to understand and Yay!  A sock was born.  It actually looks like a pretty decent sock too. a few little mistakes (design features) but it fits quite well and isn't mutant, so that is great.  I feel like I have finally taken the plunge and feel proud that I got over "the edge" of sock knitting.  After just one sock, I can understand how people get addicted to knitting them.  Am working on the second sock and already  planning the next pair.  I think my family can expect socks for Christmas! 

Love peace & Joy! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i don't feel so bad. it took me 3 years to knit my pair. yeesh. makes me wonder about those sock peeps.

Karen said...

OK. Let's see the sock! Post pictures, girl!