Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sad news.

I can't write much, I need to go to bed as it is very late, but I needed to say that I am a sad tonight.  I am on a few different groups on Ravelry - a site for knitters and crocheters.  One of the groups I belong to is a discussion and support group for people who have had , need or will need in the future, an organ transplant, or have someone they love in that situation.   Tonight I found out that one of our regular members, Colleen of Spiffyknits, is dying of cancer.   She was diagnosed back in August and we have been communicating with her since her diagnosis.  She went into surgery back in August to have 60% of her liver removed (the cancer was thought to only be in her liver) and it was thought that all had gone well.  Although a pretty full-on course of chemo was recommended, it was thought she would recover well.  However, I have just read on the groups message board an update (from one of the other members) that aggressive cancer cells have been found all throughout Colleens' lymph nodes and now chemotherapy is no longer an option as they are so aggressive that the chemo would not work and could possibly accelerate the spread.  Unfortunately, there is nothing left to do but try to  make her more comfortable and for her to spend whatever time she has left with her young children, husband and close family. Her story and donation information can be found Here.    I know that being on such a group as this one, that I will probably have some of my new friends die, but this is the first and so is very hard.   Please, if you can, pray for Colleen and her family or at least send them supportive and loving vibes.  They need all the support they can get.   Will write again later.  Is very late and must try to sleep.  
Love and peace  - remember that everyone is special! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

MissVicki said...

Sending some good vibes over.