Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First Socks!!

I have finally knitted a pair of socks!  
And yes, all of you that told me they were easy, you were right.   I am so proud of them.  They are a bit loose around the ankle and cuff (The pattern was for a male's foot, & I guess males have larger calfs and ankles), but are great all the same.  A bit warm for the current weather, but I wore them for a while yesterday.  
Bring on the next pair! ;p

Some sad news:  Colleen of SpiffyKnits died over the weekend.  It is sad, but in a way a blessing as she did not suffer for long. Rest In Peace Colleen.

Some good news: I had a meeting with Rory's teacher and one of the Rainbow Room staff members about our Goals for Rory this term and how he is doing on the whole.  And I am very proud to report that he's doing great!!  Academically he is still not to a grade 4 level, but he is attempting to do everything by himself now, without referring to support aids unless he has to. He is also behaving better in general, his meltdowns are far smaller and fewer in number and he is participating in the classroom as much as any other child.  All in all, he is growing to be a very gentle, happy and mature boy.  I'm so proud!   

No comments: