Monday, September 22, 2008

Where did winter go?

We had winter, and now it is summer.  I know that technically it is only early spring, but it feels like summer.  Hot and Humid.  I know it is only going to get hotter.  I am grateful for the few cooler days we have.  I am grateful for the spring storms that are bringing some nice rain in the evenings. But I HATE HOT WEATHER.  can I say that any louder?  If only I had money to be able to move north for the summer.  I mean WAY north. England type north.   Or maybe south to Tassie. I know it can get a bit hot there too, but not for as many days in a row.  

I haven't been very good on this Grateful series, regular posting thing have I?  Well, I've decided that that is just me.  Take it or leave it.  If I write a post, great.  If I don't write one for quite a while,  I either have nothing to say or have been too busy and having a good time. I am not going to apologise or comment on my "slackness" anymore.  I'm not slack.  I am busy. I am a good person even if I don't post on my blog regularly.      God, I am sounding crabby today, aren't I? Its the heat.  But here.  I will say something nice.  an addition to the grateful series.  

This Week I Am Grateful For:  The knitting community.  I never knew there could be such a community in the world that I could be part of.  And it is all around the world.  Through Ravelry I have made friends in America, Germany, Scotland, and England and talked to people from everywhere in between.  Through QSW&FA I have made friends from all around Brisbane and even other parts of QLD and northern NSW.    I have found novels written about a knitting community in New York (The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.) and about murder and Crochet.  I have met so many wonderful people who accept me as I am and do not judge.
I have found a hobby where I can get support and inspiration, both for my knitting and for my general life.  I LOVE IT!   So all you friendly knitters out there.  THANK YOU.   You have made my life so less stressfull.  I know that if I'm feeling down, or having trouble with a pattern or just need someone to laugh with, all I need to do is get on the internet, or go to a local knitters group and there will be someone to cheer me up.  

Ahh, that's better. end the post on a happy note.  I'm cooler now.  there is a lovely breeze flowing into the study where I am.  I am going now to make some lunch for me and my boy and make some phone calls my hubby needs me to make. 
Love peace and joy.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, let me see. you hate the hot weather? should i tell you now that i'll be in a winter when you're in a summer? should i tell you now that i'll be hanging with fibre peeps when there might be snow?

no, i won't tell you.