Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update on earlier post

Todays death toll in Victoria now stands at 181 and rising - the authorities are now saying up to 300 lives could be lost in total.... up from the 200 predicted yesterday. 

I have just watched the news and also found that I made a mistake in my earlier post today.  I said that no-one had died in the floods up in NQ.  Unfortunately, this is not the case.  7 people have reportedly been lost due to the floods.   I have also realised that many houses have been so damaged in the floods, they are ruined, as is pretty much everything in them.  The floods have been that severe.  The loss of property and life up there is still nowhere near as high as down in VIC, but still unimaginable and devastating to those affected.   I send my love, my prayers and my condolences to all those affected by the floods and fires.  

As one Member of Parliament said today, those of us between Victoria and North QLD are literally standing between Hell and High Water. 

No comments: