Sunday, February 15, 2009

Knitting....

I feel good about this year, knitting wise.  I am trying to remain monogamous with my projects and really work on each project methodically - It seems to be working.  I have already knitted two reasonable sized projects since Dec 19th last year, and am half way through a third.  I also have at least two lined up with the right needles, pattern and yarn at the ready.  Last year I only completed one major project and just did a few small ones - also started a few and didn't finish them.  I really want to do a lot more this year.  
So, the first project that I did, (starting on the 19th Dec, finishing on the 19th Jan - one month, I am so proud!) was a very low cut cardigan with leaf ties that I found on Knitty.com.   I had finally found the perfect pattern for my own handspun, purple 14 micron superfine merino.  Here is a piccy of the finished product:  





The next project I did was for the Love2LoveU contest we held on our Ravelry.com Group, Knutty Knitters Unraveled.   The idea
 was that we had to create something that was love heart themed and then give it to someone we love.   I made 3 love heart shaped cushions of different sizes and gave them to my Grandmother, GrandMary.  GrandMary  was thrilled to bits with them. 
At the moment I am knitting a present for someone, so I can't say too much about it yet.  I am about 1/2 way through, so hopefully I will be able to post about it (and add piccys) of it in a couple of weeks at the most.    
Yesterday, my Mother & Father In Law got back from a two week cruise to New Zealand.  My Mum-in-law is so fantastic, she brought me back 200g of lace weight (2ply) pure New Zealand Merino yarn, Hand - Dyed.  YUM!!   It is sooo soft, squishy & pretty.  I am planning to make a lace shawl out of it.  I'll probably be able to make 2.....   Will try to get a pic taken of the two 100g skeins tomorrow.  I'll have to take them up to my parents place and use their camera as mine is stuffed and I won't be able to afford a new one for some time yet.  
Anyways, that's it on the knitting front for me for the moment.  
love peace and Joy!




No comments: