Monday, February 16, 2009

I WON!!!

This morning at about 3am QLD time (about 1pm EST American time), the lovely moderators of the Knutty Knitters Group on Ravelry chose the winner of the Love2LoveU contest. And the winner is ME!!   I am so excited.   This means that I will receive a box of various yarns from America.  Whoo Hoo!   It will be a few weeks before I will receive it, because the moderators live a fair distance apart and so one of them will have to send the other some of the yarn that is going into the parcel, then the other moderator has to pack it all up and send it to Australia from America.  But that's  ok - the waiting is part of the fun.   I'm just so happy I've won something.  I've never won a knitting competition before.  (mind you, I don't think I've actually been in one before - lol) 

I'm so pleased that I joined in with this contest, even if I hadn't won.  It was so nice knitting something so fun for GrandMary, and then giving it to her was the best.  She smiled and laughed so much - she loved them.  GrandMary has been a bit depressed lately, so this really cheered her up, and that really cheered me up too.  Mind you, it was even better this morning, being able to call her to tell her that I had won the contest - she had picked up the phone with a very morose sounding "hello", but ended the call with her laughing and smiling (I could tell she was smiling from her voice).  That was a good feeling.  

I just wanted to also mention the other talented knitters in the group, especially BettyKnitter from England - I really thought her Scented Love Heart decorations would win the day as she really put some effort into them and they were very beautiful.  Well done everyone, it was a great comp, and it was so lovely to see your entries too.  I had lots of fun and we'll have to something again sometime.  

YAY  happy dance!

Love peace and Joy

3 comments:

Tina said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jen!!!

They are beautiful. My Nana was the same on the phone. You could hear the smile with her as well.

Jenny said...

Thanks Tina! I'm pretty happy.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!