Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cool stuff

Yesterday I went into Craft Ideas at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, just to have a look.  And Wow!  they have really increased their yarn items.  They have heaps more yarn than they did a few months ago and a really good range.  It's still pretty much what you would find in one of the chain stores, but hey, I'll always try to support an LYS rather than a chain store for my commercial yarn needs.  They also had a heap of lovely NZ mohair hanks that you can't buy in the chain stores.  Yum!  

While there I saw some items that were on display, already knitted up.  One of the hats I really liked and I asked if they had the pattern for it for sale.  The lady led me to a pattern book from Cleckheaton called "Handknits to Wrap and Adorn".   OMG, I had to buy it.  It has some really great little patterns in it.  

I have already started on another hat I found in it using leftover woolbale found in my stash (the hat I liked in the shop will have to wait until I can buy some more yarn - I only had enough to buy the book).   The hat I am working on will naturally be felted after knitting (I am using Woolbale after all).  I am doing it in Black and red.  I think it will look great.   

In this book, there are also some great patterns that I could use for the Knitting Olympics.  The problem will be deciding which one to use!  I will bring it tomorrow night to spinners so those of you who come to that can have a little look. 

Talking of spinners, Last Wednesday night, I picked up a bag of alpaca fleece quite cheap.  It even had a photo of the alpaca the fleece came from.  It is from a cute little guy called Kenny. Awww.  Tomorrow night I am hoping to pick up some cashmere too, then I plan to blend the alpaca, my leftover angora rabbit and the cashmere.  It should make a beautiful yarn once spun up.  There should be enough alpaca to make a Jumper, so I'm really excited.  

Love peace and joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh well, heck. now i have to go.