Monday, July 28, 2008

The Baby is coming!!!!

I am so excited this morning.  My twin sister is pregnant, and her waters broke about 6:30 this morning - so she won't be preggers for too much longer!  I can't wait until I see the little one, even though that will probably still be a couple of days away yet.  

I have been knitting a fair bit for this baby over the last couple of weeks - been so busy knitting, I haven't had time to blog.  I have so far given Libby 2 cardigans for the baby, have knitted a little beret that hasn't gone to her yet and I am working on an orange jumper and some little knitted socks to match the beret & one of the cardies. 

Last weekend (not the one that has just passed) was the annual QSW&FA camp at Mapleton in the Sunshine Coast hinterland.  Oh, I had a wonderful time!! So relaxing, just spinning, knitting, chatting, eating and sleeping for nearly 3 days.  utter bliss.   At the camp I finally started spinning up some of my blended Alpaca, angora rabbit and cashmere fibre.  It is so soft , but sooo dirty from the alpaca!  I got my first skein finished about wednesday and knitted up a small tension/ sample swatch - It is so soft and drapey.  It will be really nice I think.  

Anyway, gotta push my child off to school.  With all the phone calls this morning about Libby, Rory has taken his time getting ready because I haven't had my whip out to him like usual!  (whip of words..... not a literal whip..... just in case anyone reading this thinks I abuse my son!) 
Love peace and joy

No comments: