Tuesday, April 29, 2008

S & C show and new top

I'm pretty excited this evening.  Tomorrow is the first day of the Stiches & Craft Show in Brissy at the convention centre and I am going!  I didn't think I would be able to go as I don't have enough money at the moment to get into the joint (it's like $15 or something ridiculous just to go in and have a look, let alone any money you might want to spend while there - and there  is a lot to spend it on, trust me. ) and I also didn't get around to putting my name down for volunteering on the spinners stall.  But then yesterday evening, an acquaintance of mine who owns a fibre business out at Gatton called me and asked if I would like to work on her stall with her tomorrow, getting me a free ticket in and a little tiny bit of cash on the side, as the woman who usually works with her is unable to make it into the show.   HELL YEAH!!  (As you might have surmised, I said yes.) I don't know if I'll make it to spinners tomorrow night though, as because of this I will probably be very tired...... We'll see.  

I would like to go to spinners tomorrow night though, because I want to show off the first part of the top I am working on.  I have finished the back today and it is looking so good.   This top is made out of some lovely Heirloom Cotton 8ply in a gorgeous pinky purple colour that my friend Tina gave me for my birthday back in September.  She gave me 10 balls and since then I have purchased at least another 8 from her, so I should be right to have enough to finish the top and maybe a hat or something besides.   

 I'm very proud of this top as it is one I am designing myself as I go, and it is so far working out really well.  I have taken ideas and measurements from about 3 different patterns and along with other variations have adapted it to a create a top I really like.  Well, in my mind I definitely like it, we'll see what it looks like in actuality.  But I think it will work well and I am excited to be designing something myself and most likely I'll even finish it!!  I often finish small things or large things like chunky crochet shawls, but I hardly ever finish a adult size top or jumper.   I have at least 2 sitting in my stash at the moment, along with at least 2 kids jumpers and 1 jumpsuit.  But I have done quite a few baby things lately that I have been proud of and been able to give away.  And it was one of the baby items that gave me the starting ideas on the top I am now working on.  

Anyway, tomorrow is a busy day so I'd better go to bed.  

Love peace and joy

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you got to go to S&C. And can't wait to see the progress on your top. Will you be there tomorrow?